Friday, February 20, 2009

Encore

My frustratingly cute little sister, Katrina, had her junior recital at USU last night. She's a choral ed. major and extremely talented. This song is in German. It's a really short clip for blogging/showing off purposes. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present Katrina Barker.





Burdette and RoseAnna turned the intermission into a totally awesome party, they both look like they're on drugs--just different kinds.

Becca, Katrina, RoseAnna.

RoseAnna and I used all of our Jedi powers to resist singing in operatic tones while in Katrina's presence--but we couldn't help it. We used the argument that we have the same genes. Sadly our talents must be buried under a seriously large bushel or concrete barrel.

Lovingly awaiting your comments--especially you, Emily Ricks.

8 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

bravo! she is frustratingly cute, i'll give you that. and very talented! but let's face it, rebecca, so are you! i get a little frustrated everytime i'm around any of you barker babes. and yes, burdette and roseanna look high as kites. excellent. the truth comes out.

Team Shelton said...

Bla! Kat makes me sick-who knew she was that lovely? And talented? And adorable? And funny...need I go on?

Emily said...

Phew! It's a good thing I checked your blog today. That could've been embarrassing. You're hilarious.
Your sister really does sound amazing. Did you ever tell me she was a vocal major?
Since you mentioned the family genes....I was mostly going to comment that in terms of looks they are very strong. I think Rosanna could pass for you if you ever wanted to switch places on a date or something like that.
Okay, that was dumb. I'm going to shut up now.

Emily said...

Sorry. RoseAnna. I spelled your name wrong. I still think you're the coolest. Stay cute and don't ever change.

Megan Nordstrom said...

Hey, I wish I could have been there. Although driving further north into colder country doesn't sound all to exciting right now! We need to get together sometime. We have been looking for houses and so our weekends have been crazy. Let me know when some time works for you.

anne said...

Fabulous Katrina! I knew she was good, but singing in another language...that's just awesome. Way to go Kat!

Circe said...

Very impressive. I've only ever heard her sing at Burdette's farewell or homecoming. She is excellent and you guys are so funny!!

cragun family said...

Amazing. Talent and loks you are a darling family with wonderful genes