Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No Soliciting

I have a "No Soliciting" sign (thank you, Andrea) on my front door. It is there for a very good reason. I cannot say "no." I just can't. I don't know why. I'm such a frugal person, I only have one pair of jeans that I can wear in public. But if someone knocks on my door, it's like idiot-girl answers and buys whatever is being sold.


I've bought fruit from the nice fruit people from Payson, cleaning supplies (more than once), pest abatement (I like that though, not having spiders and huge wasp nests), I've visited with the very polite Jehovah's Witness sister missionaries. I think it's my aversion to confrontation that keeps me at the door. I have no problem saying "no" on the phone.


Anyway, even though I have a "No Soliciting" sign on my door, a kid came by selling insulation. I'm glad he ignored the sign, because we got an awesome deal. The insulation company only charges the amount that gas and power companies rebate so we didn't have to pay a penny and we got a ton of MUCH NEEDED insulation sprayed in our attic.


I didn't count on this though. The hoses came apart and started spraying insulation all over the hall. I didn't think to take a picture before I started cleaning up. (Yes, I cleaned it, they were having a really, really bad day and I have a much better vacuum then they do.) Anyway, it's not the best shot and doesn't really do the amount of insulation justice. I had to take it really fast because I didn't want the guy to see me taking the picture. I'm sure it would have made him cry and be scared that he was going to get fired.


Anyway, if you would like insulation sprayed in your hallway for FREE, the company is called RSA Insulation 801-295-0221.

p.s. my house is a lot warmer and the heater hasn't turned on since the insulation installation.

6 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

so... the moral is ... you still can't say no at the door. cool. i hear you, sister. and what a great attitude about free insulation being sprayed all over your hall! you're swell!

RoseAnna said...

That is so funny. Sorry about the huge mess but I'm glad you guys are warmer. Love ya!!

Emily said...

Wow. I can't say no at the door, either. I'm still just trying to graduate from saying-no-on-the-phone 101. I'm getting close, though.

We are the Dall family said...

I am seriously coming to your house to sell you something!
Sorry you had to clean the mess up. That is kinda crappy!

Taunya said...

Becca, you are so funny. What a great story.

Chad and Kayla said...

Yeah for a great deal and a warm house!!! Sorry for such a mess, one of life's adventures I guess! I'm the same way about saying no!