Friday, October 31, 2008

Swords Part Un

When I was growing up, we had a couple of dogs. My mom didn't love dogs, but my sister, Katrina, did. She used to pretend that she was a dog and was obsessed with them and finally my mom decided that for her mental health (and Kat's) we needed to get a dog. I have reached that point with swords. Everyone has a sword, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, Captain Hook, pirates, Wart (from Sword in the Stone), Nephi, Ammon, Captain Moroni, you name it. So when we found foam swords at the craft store, we just HAD to get them.

Carter was so excited for his sword that he slept with it the first night (and several after that). Dad had to work late and I promised Carter that if he went straight to bed that he could have a sword fight with Daddy when he woke up. The next morning, I made Jeremy wake Carter up for the fight. Jeremy called Carter's name and rubbed his back trying to wake him up. Carter didn't budge. I told Jeremy to whisper "sword fight" which he did and Carter jumped out of bed, grabbed his sword, smacked Jeremy and then laid back down asleep again. I sat him on my lap and it took about 30 seconds for him to sort of wake up. He sleepily sword fought his Dad for a while and then woke up and chased him all over the house until Jeremy had to go to work. It was precious. When Will woke up, he got to join in the fight too.

These pictures are of Carter the day after his sword acquisition.





Because I am so awesome, I made Carter a duct tape sword belt with holster.

1 comment:

6 cute kids said...

yep..as a mom of BOYS you are going to get things you NEVER wanted your children to have...swords, light sabers, sponge bob, mean looking stuffed animals, scary books. You get the point. More is yet to come.