Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baer Canyon

I took the boys hiking up Baer Canyon in Fruit Heights today. Will rode on my shoulders and Carter hiked behind me, filling his pockets with rocks to throw into the creek and finding sticks that looked like swords. He had so many rocks in his pockets and a "sword" stuck down his pants that they actually fell off while he was walking. It was pretty funny. Will was pretty annoyed that he couldn't walk so on the hike down, he got to run on the flat parts. He, of course, biffed it as did Carter. But M&Ms from Grandma and Grandpa Garrett's house are the perfect antidote for scratched up hands and knees:)

The best thing about a long hike in the afternoon is everyone being asleep by 7:30. That never happens at our house.

Carter shoving rocks in his pockets.
Carter using his sword as a fishing rod. The fish weren't biting today, though:)
Will trying with all his might to be like his big brother throwing rocks in the creek.
Will (16 months) and Carter (3 yrs).

8 comments:

We are the Dall family said...

Payton was looking at this with me and she said, "Mommy, that is my bestfriend Carter!"

Looks like a fun hike.

katie said...

Becca I finally finished the Christmas stocking. And it's not even Halloween! I think it turned out pretty well, for my first try. Just don't look too close. Maybe I should send it to you before I send it to Patrick and Carrie and you could work your knitting magic on it. Haha. But seriously...

Circe said...

What cute pictures-especially the one of them hugging! And what a brave Mom to attempt hiking with the by yourself.

RoseAnna said...

Cute pictures and cute boys. You're so brave to take both of them on a hike by yourself!!

Natalie said...

What a fun day. I'm so proud of you for carrying Will on the hike - you must have gotten quite the workout!

Taunya said...

What a fun day!

It has been way too long since we last saw you. Those boys are just too cute.

anne said...

That is the sweetest picture of your two boys. Sounds like a fun outing. It is so nice when the kids crash early. Aahh. :)

Heather said...

How fun! I love Baer Canyon! That last picture of Carter and Will is absolutely adorable! I love and miss you!!!