So, remember our garden that took
FOREVER and a day to put in--chipping out cement, hauling railroad ties, tilling, planting, etc? Well now it's big and we have a problem.

I was so excited to be "The Little Red Hen" but we decided to plant zucchini. Actually, I decided to plant it. Jeremy had no say whatsoever. I wish he had, because then I could blame him for our all our problems.

THEY JUST KEEP GROWING!!! THEY NEVER STOP--EVER! This is just from this week. I'm so tired of sauteed zucchini and summer squash. I have good recipes for zucchini brownies and bread, but seriously this is a joke.
I just had my 10 year high school reunion last weekend and they had a silent auction at the dinner. I wish I would have put some zucchini into the auction. I would have been happy with a $5.00 loss.
Does anyone want any zucchini?
15 comments:
I am so impressed with your garden! I'm still waiting for my tomatoes to turn red. Tell me how the reunion went! I'm so sad I had to miss it!
Hey! I wish I were closer I would def. take some. We tried a garden, and thus far no fruits/ veg. from our labors. I am the death wish to any plant though. So fun to see you this weekend!!!
We had a neighbor growing up who said that if you had to buy zucchini from the store you didn't have any friends. Enjoy getting rid of it, but before you do try this recipe.
Grilled Vegetables with Couscous & Feta Cheese
Assorted vegetables to grill – Tomatoes, red and green peppers, red onions, zucchini, garlic
Olive Oil
Balsamic vinegar
Couscous
Chicken stock
Feta Cheese
Place vegetables on parchment paper on large cookie sheet. Wrap 5 or more garlic cloves still in skin in tin foil and place in the corner of cookie sheet. Pour the rest of the vegetables on cookies sheets chopped into large chunks. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Grill until tender in oven. Remove from oven and chop until looks like chunky salsa. Squeeze out soft garlic from skins and chop into vegetables. Prepare couscous with chicken stock according to package. Mix in grilled vegetables and feta cheese.
Have you learned your lesson? I think they must be closely related to the weed family because anyone I have ever known has always had too much, even if they love them. Have fun at the reunion. Also, you have to get the gals together and see Mama Mia.
I would love some Bec, I am going to make zuccini relish, as soon as I gather up enough. Let me know and I can make you a batch up too.
Nice garden! I dream of having a garden someday. Enjoy!
I don't want any.
I want some.
Wow, I'm impressed, I went to my garden yesterday and was excited to see one zucchini! I can see that there are more on the way though :) Ours is just a little slow I guess :) You'll have to tell me how the reunion was, we weren't able to make it. :( Have a great 24th!!
Ha ha! And you thought nothing was going to grow there this year. At least you know you have fertile soil. One time someone offered my mom some zucchini and said she could make jam with it. Zucchini Jam? Hmmmmm. I'll stick with the peach.
thanks bec, the relish is great. You gave me enough to do two batches, so I will be bringing some down to you.
thanks bec, the relish is great. You gave me enough to do two batches, so I will be bringing some down to you.
I really think you are becoming the Little Red Hen, gardens, zucchini, compost bins-what will be next?
I LOVE zucchini. I already got loaded up when I visited my parents last week though. And I live forever away, so I guess that wouldn't really work. You can always do what my dad does and pawns it off on the neighbors. :)
Nice veggies! Here is what I do with all our zucchini. I take a bunch shred it in a food processor, measure a cup or two out in plastic bags and freeze it. Then when I am yearning for zucchini bread in January I can make some. Or you could let it grow really big and then put it on a random neighbors door, ring the doorbell and run (we did that growing up-it was fun).
Post a Comment