Tuesday, August 5, 2008

That Bites!

Thing one.
I lost my camera.
And along with losing my camera, I lost pictures of Girls Camp and a super-fun family reunion that involved , marshmallow dart guns, camping, skits, Uncle Burdette playing in the mud with the boys, and lots of other fun stuff.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement camera?
We had a Panasonic Lumix something and I wasn't crazy about it.
Thing TWO.
I finished Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. I officially wish I were a vampire, but I feel slightly weird about the book. Anyone else?

9 comments:

Circe said...

I'm SO SO sorry about your camera!! That totally stinks! I finished the book last night and I also have a couple of issues with it-we will have to chat!

Miss Annie said...

I love, love, love my camera, it's a Canon Powershot SD700IS, but I would suggest getting the same kind with more megapixels. Oh, and we already had our email discussion about the book, so I won't comment on that AGAIN!

Megan Nordstrom said...

Dad told me about the camera. I am so sorry. Such a crazy thing! I don't know how fancy your last camera was but we have a Cannon Power Shot A610. I know it's not top of the line, but it works great, and we always get great pics. It's a couple of years old so you will probably want one with more megapixels, but I really love cannon. As for the book, I haven't read it yet. I have to wait until someone can let me borrow it. But I am sure I will have something to say once I have read it. Love ya.

cragun family said...

That is crappy about your camera. I have a canon powershot SD750 ElPH that I love. I just take it everywhere. I love the size.
so, ya, about the book. I don't know. I felt like she drug out the first part of the book, and I think she raised the age level a bit. I don't think young teens should be reading about the emotions of maritial relations, and then, I thought the whole getting the papers for Jacob and 'nessie' was pointless, just leave that out. I just didn't think it had the bang that I was expecting. But it did wind everything up. I don't know. Its closure I guess.

6 cute kids said...

I have a Canon powershot a610, it is 5.0 mega pixels, and I LOVE it. It was only about $200, so not too bad for a nice camara. The best part is it has been dropped a few times and it still works great.

We are the Dall family said...

No suggestions on a camera..... I hate mine too! Did you loose your camera at home or away?I hope it was at home and you will run into it someday.

Ndrhsrfamily said...

I don't know much about cameras, other than my Sony sucks battery life like a hungry vampire. Ha ha. I wasn't a huge fan of the book mostly because I thought it was too predictable. I felt like it beat the storyline to death and didn't throw me for any loops, like the other books did. Make sure you post how YOU felt about the book- I'd love to hear it!

Natalie said...

I second the recommendation for the new version of the Canon Powershot SD700IS - make sure you get IS (image stabilization makes a HUGE difference). I absolutely love mine. Costco usually has a good price (and a 90 day return policy if you don't like it. :) I wish I were a vampire too!!

Natalie said...

And yes, a little weirded out by Breaking Dawn too. Especially the first hundred pages...