Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Independence Day

I love the Fourth of July, it's one of my favorite holidays. I love everything about it, except the 100 degree weather--but at least we have air conditioning. I am grateful to be an American. I know America has tons of problems, most of which don't have an immediate solution, but it's still the best nation on earth. I hate that we don't say the Pledge of Allegiance more, I love it so much and my eyes well with tears almost every time I hear the National Anthem. I thank the brave men and women who have fought/are fighting to keep our country free from oppression and evil. I am grateful for the men and women who labored to organize our country and create a fair system of government. When Jeremy and I came home from France after being there for almost a month, I wanted to kiss the ground when we landed in New York. I don't love politics and I'm annoyed with the upcoming election and disappointed by the candidates--but I love America. God bless the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Happy Fourth of July!

JACK BAUER FOR PRESIDENT!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Scott/Schrute 2008!

cragun family said...

No kidding! Not to mention, I borrowed season 6 disc 1 from the library. I know, not smart. Neglect, etc, begin.
Are you coming to the reunion? I can't wait to see everyone and chat and hang!