Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Following the Crowd

"You have been assimilated. Resistance is FUTILE."

I finally decided to read the books that EVERYONE else is reading/has read. I have been resisting for about a year, but last week my curiosity got the better of me and I'm glad it did. I LOVE THESE BOOKS!

I thought this one started out rather juvenile and kept complaining that I just wasn't hooked. But then I got past the first three or four chapters and all was lost.This one was incredibly cathartic for me. My heart actually hurt like everything was happening to me, not to a character in a book. I stayed up until 3:30am to finish this one.I just finished this book last night and I loved it. I loved the growth the characters experienced and the things they learned about themselves. I appreciate the triumph of moral character over the natural man. It's nice to read an exciting book where beloved characters choose the right--or at least try their best.
It's nice to have something to look forward to since the wizarding world of Harry Potter is finished. (On Saturday, my dad said, "Don't worry, I won't tell Harry Potter that you're cheating on him." He thinks he's so funny.)

9 comments:

Megan Nordstrom said...

I have to admit that I am the same as you. I didn't read them when everyone else was. But I decided I should so I could hold my head up in society again! They are good, not the greatest novel but very entertaining. I haven't made it to book three. I just finished 2 and my friend who has book 3 hasn't given it to me yet. I actually asked her not to. It's good to have a little break!

Circe said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of vampire obssesion.

Gage said...

Took you long enough! :):)

Melanie said...

Welcome to the dark side. I resisted for a long time, but finally gave in. I really liked them and was shocked by that. I have no interest in the alien book though. I am staying strong on that one (for now). Ü

Ndrhsrfamily said...

You are a victim of peer pressure... and aren't you glad? Hope you're on a waiting list somewhere for the next one!

RoseAnna said...

Yeah!!!! I love that you can admit that you are hooked. I'm glad that you have caught up so we don't feel so distant anymore!!

Miss Annie said...

just finished new moon for the 2nd time last night....can't believe you won't be able to party with me at midnight when b.d. comes out. Oh, and welcome to the coven!

Heather said...

I'm glad you gave in! I didn't want to read them at first either, but of course I ended up loving them. I haven't read Breaking Dawn, but I love the Twilight series. I'm like Melanie though...I don't want to read the alien one. Who knows, maybe I'd like it. Anyway, I'm glad you read them!

Leesa said...

I actually just read them too. They are quite adicting, I think I read all three in about two weeks, my poor family, and I can't wait for the fourth book.