Thursday, February 28, 2008

Naps


So, this never ever, ever, ever happens. Carter hasn't taken a nap (except short ones in the car) for several months. Today, while I was feeding Will his lunch; Carter fell asleep on the kitchen floor. He has a little cold and went to the Jazz game last night and woke up at 6:30 this morning, so he was extra tired. He slept on the freezing tile in his robot shirt and Thomas the Train underwear for two hours. Will took a nap for part of that time too. I haven't had an afternoon like this forever! I didn't know what to do with myself. I read, I wrote in my journal, I cleaned part of the house. What a weird day.

5 comments:

Megan Nordstrom said...

It's pretty funny when we consider getting things done in a quiet and timely manner weird huh? I know the feeling. Every now and then the girls conk out, and I almost don't know what to do with myself!

Circe said...

Sweet! Congratulations on your free time. Here's to more random napping!!

We are the Dall family said...

looks like you lucked out! The break is always so nice.

Penny said...

I miss those days, too! It's been more like a year and a half since Reese took a nap--oh, the good old days. You asked about Emily--she just started a blog at utahreynoldswrap.blogspot.com. She lives in Kaysville.

The Quist Family said...

Weird and Wonderful at the same time. When my little Maren decides to take a nap it is heaven! All three girls asleep at one time...stop it!