Sunday, May 2, 2010

In Preparation

In preparation for our little sister, we've been doing lots of things.
Primarily, we have been decorating.
Marlo helped paint the baby's room, Circe helped make the cute letter blocks, my dad put up the chair rail, and I made a quilt and bed skirt (no bumper pad because Carter tried to suffocate himself every night with his and it always scared me).



Carter decorated his room with the packaging from his new Star Wars underwear. He used the Force to cut out and put up the pictures first and then the next day made a frame with the plastic underwear packaging.

***

My mom made this.



RoseAnna made this.





Katrina made this.
***
what a spoiled little girl. now all we need to do is wait for her to come.

10 comments:

Amelia said...

You made the bedskirt and quilt? You must teach me your magic - GORGEOUS!! I love Lizzy - what a lucky little girl!

Heather said...

Wow! You are lucky to be so talented and have such talented people to help you make cute things! I can't wait to see little Lizzy!

Lisa O said...

I'm cracking up at Carter's decorations. Awesome. And I can't wait to see little Lizzy wrapped in those beautiful quilts wearing that gorgeous sweater. Hang in there Becca!

Marie Says Yes said...

I love Carter's decorations, as well. I'm so excited for you to have this sweet little girl! Adorable girlie things.

And please have her. Soon. I just can't stand having you suffer any more!

Circe said...

It turned out SO cute! I love it. Your moms quilt is GORGEOUS and the sweater and blankets that RoseAnna and Katrina made are so cute (did RoseAnna knit or crochet the sweater? I may need the pattern if it's crocheted!) And I especially love Carter's little addition-it goes well with the space theme in his room! Let me know if I can take the boys-I'm glad to whenever you need me to!

RoseAnna said...

Almost there! You and do it. But you do have to have her so I can see her this weekend :)

Lindsay Van Orden said...

Ok friend. That is about the coolest little girl's room on the planet. For reals. LOVE IT. And the whole dang family made you really cool stuff too. I especially love the quilt your mom made. Wowsers. Is she for hire??? Hang in there lady. Love you lots. And ps: that henna tatoo? Totally rad. R-A-D rad. And my feet looked quite similar. Thank goodness it's just water that goes away without too much effort not long after. Hang in there girl!

K.C. and Sally said...

Way to go on the quilt!! i knew you could do it...you never really needed the directions. I would like to request for your mom, roseana and katrina to make me one of each of the same of what they made you. All SO CUTE!!!

Four Winns said...

Holy crap! You are a talented bunch. Very impressive. So is the name Elizabeth or just Lizzy?

Melanie said...

Such crafty ladies. Those Homemaker Jane Baker skills are awesome. Congrats on having a darling little girl. I personally think girls are the best!