Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Good Tidings of Great Joy

Luke 2 (and a bit of Matthew 2)
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.

And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger...


And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.


And lo, the sheep of the flocks did shout for joy and did give high fives unto one another. (I love their woolly belts) It reminded me of this.
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews?

6 comments:

RoseAnna said...

That a very funny post. I'm really glad that you did that and not be because you were much more clever than I am. Or is it cleverer. Love ya!

Heather said...

Oh, I love your family!!

Burgandy said...

Hey so is Burdette dating anyone? I have a couple of girls I know that I would love for him to meet. Or if we could keep him in a box for four more years I would totally let him marry Lily...Is that creepy? ;)

katie said...

Your family makes a great nativity. Can't wait to see you all at Christmas!

Chad and Kayla said...

That is such a cute idea! Your family is so cute!

Nelly said...

Thanks for the invite to view your blog! I'm excited to see you guys (probably on New Yrs. Eve- if you're around!) Love the Nativity re-inactment (sp?) pics! ;)