Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ragnar Relay -- Part Deux

After a not so long night our van was ready to run again. We were all able to sleep for 1 1/2 to 2 hours before we started our third legs which stretched through the towns of Oakley, Kamas, Francis uphill to Jordanelle and ended in Heber. Here we are after hardly any sleep getting ready for our first runner to start. It was SO COLD! Thank goodness for hot chocolate!
This is Mike and HAP waiting for Jeremy to finish his last leg of the relay. (I had already finished my last leg--it was 5 miles, mostly flat with some downhill, my legs were like jelly.)
Jeremy's third leg was 5 miles and mostly uphill. BRUTAL! After Jeremy's leg, our van had two more runners and we ended in Heber. We decided to drive to the finish line in Park City to wait for our team to finish the race. We were all exhausted. I was too tired to take any pictures. I've only been this tired twice in my life and I had just given birth on both occasions.





It took our other van about 3 1/2 hours to finish the race and we all ran to the finish line together (me in flip flops). In this picture, Jeremy and I are right by the old lady in the green pants. The rest of our team is a little farther ahead of us.

Burdette gave us a ride home and we picked up our kids from my parents' house (thanks Mom and Dad). Sleeping after the race wasn't as easy as we hoped. Carter didn't fall asleep until almost 10pm and Will was up bright and early at 6:30 on Sunday morning.

The race was awesome and we already registered to do it next year (anyone wanna run?). We're going to start training now though:)

11 comments:

Megan Nordstrom said...

Congratulations! You guys are awesome. Did you happen to see Tony at all? He was running with a team from Jacobson Construction. I haven't talked with him yet about it. I am slowly joining the running world, but my 30 year old body is fitting me every step of the way! Love ya.

We are the Dall family said...

I am very imopressed that you two did this. I am not found of running at all!! Great job!!

Circe said...

I watched the news and didn't see any reports of deaths during the race and was very relieved :) Just Kidding-good job to both of you! You are my new fitness icons. We drove past some of the race on the way home from our ward campout and I was watching for you, but to no avail! WAY 2 GO!

RoseAnna said...

G-O-O-D J-O-B good job.(say that in cheer form and it's much cooler.) We are so proud of the Dells. Yeah!! You did it!! We're excited for next year!!

6 cute kids said...

DO NOT sign me up...I think you are crazy. I will watch the boys while you train. GO TEAM DALL!

Miss Annie said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! You guys did a bang up job! I just looked at www.ragnarrelay.com for your results and I'm am super impressed! Your time was totally great and you rocked it in your division! You are officially my new heroes! Put me on your "back-up" list - in case you can't find anyone else to run :) Super-dee-duper guys!!! Get some SLEEP!

Ndrhsrfamily said...

Becca- you are awesome! I'm so glad we got to chat for a bit after the race. Have you caught up on your lost sleep yet???

anne said...

Wow! I gotta give anyone props who can do that! That is a LONG race. Way to go.

Emily said...

Awesome! I'm way impressed. Now you have to gear up for Panama 2010.

Chad and Kayla said...

Becca, that is so awesome!! I'm so impressed! I hope all is well!

Sabrina said...

When is it? Jacob and I would love to join in. It looks like a great time.