Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nauvoo or Bust Part Three

Okay, I really should have posted in reverse order. What a dork.
Day 6

Mission: Wagon ride, Family Living, take a nap, visit Joseph Smith sites.
Mission accomplished.
Poor Will fell asleep when we sang "I am a Child of God."


We went to the Family Living Center and learned how to make rope, candles, bread, rugs, pottery (actually no one wanted to go that one except me--I lost), barrels, and how to spin thread from flax and wool. It was so interesting one of my favorite parts of the trip.





Joseph Smith's Mansion House



Aubrey, RoseAnna, Becca in front of Josephs Smith's Red Brick Store. The Relief Society was organized on the top floor of the store. In this picture, Aubrey is holding a "casserole" as we exemplify the life of a Relief Society sister.






The hardest thing for the Saints to do was to leave their temple. It was hard for us to leave it too. I hope we can serve our mission in Old Nauvoo.

Day 7
Mission: Drive back to North Platte, NE without freaking out.
Mission almost accomplished
Day 8
Mission: Drive home without killing each other.
Mission totally accomplished.
Thanks Battys and Dokii. We had a great time.





9 comments:

RoseAnna said...

I love the pictures. You are so funny. Much funnier than I am. We need to do a picture swap. Miss you already!!

RoseAnna said...

PS- Krusty hates us now because she only lives like 4 hours from Nauvoo. Oops.

Marie Says Yes said...

i am SO GLAD you guys got to do this together! amazing, that is what you are. you look beautiful. beautiful and thin, just like your sis. what-ever. (i saw with happiness for you and only a little toothgrind). :) i love you, little niece. so glad you did it and had a total blast!!! nauvoo is amazing.

Gage said...

I'm glad that RoseAnna commented on your blog. She is quite accurate. I am a little upset that you all didn't invite me to come and participate in the fun. You turn mongrels. Anyways, glad you had fun.

Melanie said...

Looks like a good time. BTW - you and Jeremy are looking very skinny! Must be all of that running you have been doing. Great job!

JN said...

How fun! I love Nauvoo! And I love casserole sharing pictures

Tia Langston said...

What a great trip! Someday...:o)

Williams Family said...

That is so funny. We were suppose to go to Nauvoo that same week but we had company show up at our house and we had to change our plans. Ron's aunt and uncle are on a mission there.(Temple missionaries) I am glad you had a fun time. I wish we could of seen you there.

Carrie said...

Wow, I had no idea you were doing all of this while planning the ragnar stuff. How do you find the time - you are amazing!