Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

This is where I spent Mother's Day
It's fine. I just woke up feeling pretty sick (no I'm not pregnant, I got asked that twice this weekend). Jeremy and the boys made me a surprise breakfast which was so yummy. I dragged myself to church so Carter could sing to me for Mother's Day in Sacrament Meeting. He was so brave, but got stuck behind some big kids and I couldn't see him.


I cried. A lot.


We came home and Jeremy stayed to count the tithing, I was still crying. Carter told me he would take care of me until I was done crying, so he made Will a yogurt and toast sandwich and made himself some toast, I'm not sure how, I was in bed. It was the best Mother's Day present in the whole world. He's such a sweet little boy and I couldn't be more grateful for my little family.


***Just a side note--don't you love my quilt? My mom pieced it together for our wedding and Burdette, my little brother, refinished my the bed my grandparents bought when they got married.***



***************************************


So, today was kind of really wonderful and really awful. BUT, yesterday was great.


1. I woke up way early and went running with RoseAnna and Burdette along Legacy Parkway. It was so fun to visit and get left in the dust by my two younger siblings.


2. We had a fantastic Mother's Day breakfast/tea party with my mom and sisters while Burdette and Grandpa John took the boys to the barn. I stupidly didn't take a picture.


3. Jeremy stayed home to mow the lawn, fix the sprinklers, and look handsome in his work clothes and muddy hands. I love that boy.


4. I hung out with my super-fun cousins, aunts, mother, sister, and grandma at Sammy's baby shower.


5. We had a great time with the Garretts celebrating Mother's Day on Saturday evening. The boys especially had a great time playing hide and seek.








Happy Mother's Day Grandma Jan, Grandma Diane, Great Grandma, Grandma Kate, Grandma Garrett, Swimming Pool Grandma, and Grandma Sophie!





we love you so much
*******************************************



p.s. Isn't this the coolest thing ever? It's a really long slide with a car to go zooming down on. This picture doesn't really do it justice. I was trying to get an action shot.



3 comments:

We are the Dall family said...

A lot of crying and sickness. Did you at least take a pregnancy test? Hey, remeber the time you scared me into taking a pregnancy test. Yeah, good times! I think you should take a pregnancy test....

RoseAnna said...

So sorry you were so sick. Good thing Carter is such a big helper. When I come out I really want a yogurt sandwick.

Emily said...

Yeah....so, that's a lot of crying. Are you SURE....Sure.... Sure?