On Friday, we woke up before the hippogriffs, bade farewell to the lizards...
...and took a shuttle to the airport. We waiting on the tarmac for an hour and a half which was just enough time to miss our connecting flight in Atlanta. Fortunately, you can hang out in their airport as long as you want! We decided that eight hours would be THE ideal amount of time to really get the feel for the Atlanta airport. So instead of rescuing Grandma and Grandpa from Things 1, 2, and 3 just after lunchtime, we saved them at 11:00 pm, long after bedtime. And actually, Grandpa had to rescue us from the Tucson airport.
The flight home was awesomely bumpy (windy conditions in SLC + small regional jet). Carter had the time of his life, very loudly saying things like "whoo" and "I'm NEVER forgetting this" and "Mom, what if we go crashing into that lake. We will get to use our seats to help us float!!!" I'm sure the people sitting by us were just as entertained as I was:)
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa and Mr. Potter and unnamed virus for the unforgettable vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment