Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Best Things About Soccer

We have loved playing outside this fall. Our new basketball hoop, wiffle ball and bat, and soccer ball have been put to good use. Carter and Will have both played on soccer teams with friends from our neighborhood. Carter's favorite parts have been running around, kicking the ball, eating treats, and scoring one whole goal! (I was at Will's game and missed it--so sad.)



***
Carter's other favorite thing is playing with his shorts...
...and his shirt--like at EVERY game.
***
Will's favorite was wearing shin guards, eating treats, and standing in the field. In his words, "my favorite was all of it." My favorite thing was the team name--The Black Panthers. Um, yeah.
Will's coach was so nice and let him kick the ball in most of the times it went out of bounds.
Will's cute soccer team. Don't you love those pink soccer socks and cleats?
Lizzy's favorite thing was snuggling--she's a very accomplished snuggler.
We drug that poor little baby to all the boys' games and woke her up with every cheer.
***
These pictures don't have anything to do with soccer, they're just cute.

Lizzy is also a very accomplished thumb sucker. It's cute now. It will not be cute in about a year.


The end.

5 comments:

Circe said...

Nate and I laughed hilariously about the Black Panthers and about Carter playing with his uniform. There is a whole episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where his one son does that at basketball. It totally reminds me of that. We will have to play wiffle ball again, so we can see Carter's awesome skills!

We are the Dall family said...

I love the thumb sucking!! It is so cute how they ball up their hand and then stick out their thumb. It is also nice when they sooth themselves with out your help! But you are right, it wont be so cute in a year from now. Good luck with that! She is still cute though!

Lisa O said...

Carter and his clothes antics seriously crack me up. He sure makes the games entertaining!

the Kates said...

um- cute, cute, CUTE! The end.

Four Winns said...

I disagree. I think thumb sucking is still cute at 18 months. I'm just not looking forward to anything past two years . . .